Training and Development
We are committed to supporting all our staff and continue to build a valued workforce through our in-house training and development function. This is lead by our Training Manager who works closely with our Head of HR as well as the senior management and Board.
We have a comprehensive induction programme that meets the common induction standards of Skills for Care.
Our courses for care staff include:
- Equality and Diversity
- Health and Safety at Work
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- Caldicott Principles
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Infection Control
- Food Hygiene
- Manual Handling - (Includes Practical Session)
- Basic Life Support including CPR - (Includes Practical Session)
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Conflict Management
- Lone Working
In addition more specialised/accredited courses are also provided and include:
- Palliative/End of Life care
- Challenging behaviour
- Stoma/catheter support
We support staff to undertake their NVQ Training Level 2 and Level 3 in Health and Social Care.